Built in 1889, this grand old dame is getting a well-deserved upgrade to the tune of $67M.
The redevelopment of Queensland’s busiest rail station will include:
- A raised roof over the Edward Street end of the concourse bringing light and improved ventilation
- Modernisation of the platforms including new lifts and stairs
- New escalator for access to and from Anzac Square
- A face-lift in the form of a new glass façade which will retain some of the original Victorian features
- Refurbishment of back-of-house office and staff facilities
The 140,000 passengers who pass through the turnstiles daily have been assured that there will be minimal disruption to their commute with major works scheduled for nights and weekends.
BSF’s involvement at present extends to the raising of Platforms 1 to 4 to facilitate disabled access.